Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Classroom

It's harder than you would think to set up a classroom and get ready for school to start. There's sooo much to think about! What will the rules be, how will you enforce them, what are the consequences, what are incentives, how will you arrange things, what's going to go on the bulletin board... the list goes on and on and on....
Some of it is fun, some of it is stressful. I've been working several days now on all of it, and hopefully I have come up with a good system that will work.
I'll find out tomorrow... the 1st day of school! I have no idea what to expect. It can be difficult trying to get students to talk and discuss when English is their second language and they aren't used to that type of structure in the classroom. It's also a very community, group-focused society, so they always want to "help" each other with their work. It's definitely going to be an interesting day. Pray for me if you think about it!
I just finished decorating my room (well... as much as I could finish. There are still a few things to do, but they can wait until after the first 2 days.)
Here are some pictures :)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh - I love your classroom! Good luck on your first day!

Anonymous said...

OH Liz, I love your room! You are going to be a phenominal teacher.

Cant wait to hear all about it! Make sure you write down the silly little stories you will experience, I regret that I did not do that in the ICU more.

anyway. LOVE YOU!

MandaGrace

Anonymous said...

liz your rooms looks amazing! so excited to hear about your first day! love you!- annie