Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bugs? Yes, Please.

So the other morning one of my students comes in and pulls out a plastic container. From far away it looked like perhaps it was some kind of string or hay or something. She gets it out and shakes it around and says "I brought worms!" Of course I immediately think it's for science class, since they're studying plants/animals and adaptations and such. I proceed to ask, "oh, fun! for science class?" to which she replies, "no silly, for my snack!". At that moment all of the other kids rushed over to oooh and aah and were all grasping at the container, their mouths watering.
Yes, bugs are a favorite snack around here.
I was only able to capture one picture before they all devoured the delicious treats. I was offered one, and politely refused, although had my stomach felt better to begin with, I probably would have tried one. They didn't look so bad... they even had some kind of flavoring on them.
You can get all kinds of bugs here... cockroaches, crickets, grasshoppers, scorpions... I'll have to get a picture next time I'm at a big market or something... I tend to avoid those areas, but I might just go there for you to snap a picture of it!
Next time you're eating a bag of chips, cheeto's, or some other delicious snack, just think... I could have been having these:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"oh for science"...hahaha