Sunday, June 8, 2008

ChaingMai

sorry it's taken me so long to write an update... it's been super busy.

last thursday my team took a night train into ChaingMai. It was really neat! The beds folded out of the wall and it was covered with a curtain.. it was like having our own little fort :)

In ChaingMai we met up with a Hmong team at a Hmong center where pastors students can go to get a better education (kind've like a boarding school). The kids were awesome but it was very frustrating because we couldn't communicate. We drove up to a Hmong village to do some ministry. It took about an hour to get there, we rode in the back of a pick-up truck and of course it started raining, but we had tons of fun. The village is actually the same one that the man who holds the longest hair in the guinness book of world records. He died a few years back but we saw his family and the house that he lived in. It was neat to be with the Hmong team and get to see them get a closer look into their culture.

We went back to Bangkok a few days later and then the next day were back on a bus to Udon, which is where I am now. It is so amazing here, I love it! I wish I had time to let you know what's going on here, but there's not much time on the internet, so that will have to be for a later time.

Thanks for all the prayers and support, I love you all!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Liz, Sounds like you are having a blast! Everyone is thinking about you and praying for you. I know this is a trip you will never forget, soak it all in because it will be over before you know it! So happy for you and proud of you, have fun and be careful. Jamie.

Jessica said...

LIZ DAWSON I LOVE YOU!!!

ElizabethMcPhail said...

thanks Jamie! It is a blast. Are there any spices you might want from Thailand or India?? I'm not gonna lie, it's all quite spicy, but I'm getting used to it and trying new things. I've eaten tons of amazing fruits that unfortunately we don't have in the states and then of course I've eaten some things that I couldn't tell you what it was. But overall the food has been great. Maybe I can cook some for you when I get back!

And thanks Jessica... although I know a million, so I'm not sure which one this is, but I love them all, haha.