Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happenings as of late

This has been an amazing week. Despite the lack of sleep and the super loooong work hours, my classes have gone pretty well. There are some frustrations. I have a very wide range of ability, even among just 13 students. Some will finish an assignment in 5 minutes and some it could take up to 45 for the same assignment. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it all work, but I LOVE my students! They are sooo cute and really funny and personable. I have 13 students in my class (it's actually going to be 14 because I'm going to have a student for 2 months... then again another one is going to be absent for a month, so I guess it averages out to 13! Only in Thailand... haha). There are also 13 students in my co-teacher, Jill's, class. I teach both classes math and she teaches both classes science, so I get to know all 26.
Not much has happened besides school... it keeps me pretty busy. One of my friends decided to get a flying squirrel as a pet this weekend... his name is Glider. I have yet to get a good picture of him awake, but here he is all curled up:


I also attempted to get a quick picture of my students. It's hard because there's so much to fit into the day I forget to take pictures, and this isn't their best, but it's all I have for now, so here it is:




I also got an AWESOME pair of suspender pants (Finally! I've been looking everywhere for the past year... they're just not popular yet in America). Pictures of that to come....

That's about it. Things are great, the food is great, my friends are great, and my room is finally great! Thanks for all the prayers. I miss you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth I'm glad to read this post. I'm really glad things are going great.