Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Same Same, but Different"

So sorry it's been so long since my last post. My computer is still broken. I'm hoping to get my keyboard fixed within the month, but in the meantime, I have been using the computers in the staff room and just haven't had time to update.
Well, after many requests, here is an update for you.

Last week we had Thursday and Friday off, so 4 other teachers and I decided to go to Cambodia. It was a little stressful getting everything done for that week and the next so that I could be gone for so long, but in the end it was soooo worth it! I LOVE Cambodia (I even got a T-shirt that says I <3 Cambodia!). The people are so incredibly friendly... not more so than the Thai, but I think it seemed that way because soooo many people in the city, Siem Reap, spoke English. Their favorite phrase is "same same, but different".

We spent our time there visiting the temples of Angkor. It is amazing how many temples there are!! We visited 12 total, which isn't nearly all of them. Steve, the resident history buff, was very informative of all of the history of all the temples and how old they were and why they were built. It's incredible how well they have all held up after all these years! Google Angkor Wat for more information.
We spent out nights in the old market. Bartering is such a rush of adrenaline for me, I love it! It's so much easier there because their English is better and they are much more willing to make a deal. I got some cute T-shirts :) The food was amazing too. The only thing that could have made it been better is if we had more time. I would love to go back one day.

Between all of us, we have a TON of pictures! Here are a few of them.... look for more on facebook in the future.











That's all for now. I'll put more on facebook later.

No comments: