Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bhaut Achaa!!! (Very Good)

The time has come... I am going back to INDIA!


I am sooo excited. 3 years ago when I got on the plane to come back home, I never thought I would be able to go back, and now here I am going back for the 3rd time! I am so blessed.

I am going to be in New Delhi living at an orphanage called Asha Mission... It is the same one that I was living at for 2 weeks in the summer of 2008. I am so stoked to see all the kids again, and of course Saji and Gracie, the amazing couple who run the orphanage.
Please keep Saji in your prayers. He was recently diagnosed with Dengue fever and Typhoid and was in the hospital for several days. He came home on Friday (Praise the Lord!) but is still recooperating.


This is Saji, and Gracie with their daughter Kezia







This is a picture of some of the kids that live at Asha Mission. As you can tell, they are full of personality!


When I was there last, 19 kids lived at Asha Mission. That number has since grown to 26, and I can't wait to meet the newcomers!!
On November 16 will be taking a train to Calcutta to work with Calcutta Mercy Ministries for 3 weeks. The 4 other girls I am going with are nurses and will be volunteering at the hospital and I will be volunteering wherever they need me. I won't know for sure until I get there, but I could be teaching street children, helping prepare meals, or visiting with the children that are in the hospital. It is a great organization and I am so excited to work with them! You can learn more about them by clicking on the link.
Then we will go back to Asha Mission for the remainder of our time and celebrate Christmas!

Prayer Requests:
Final Preparations:- I am still trying to get everything together to depart on Friday. I am getting all the kids Christmas presents and have lots of other little things to try and get packed and last minute things to do.
Saji- that he would fully recover and have the energy to do the things he needs to do.
Travel- Scout, the girl I am traveling with, and I have a 14 1/2 hour flight! Pray for safety and that our luggage arrives in it's original state :)
Annie, Jessica, and Amanda- these are the girls that are already there, they've been there since Sept. 2. I don't have specific prayer requests for them, but pray for renewed energy for them. Jessica and Annie were with me on my original trip in 2006 and have both been back since as well. I can't wait to see them again, especially in India! It's a very special place for us.


This Annie, Jessica, and I. I don't have pictures of Scout or Amanda because I have yet to meet them, but I will post some soon!







Thank you so much for sharing in this journey with me. I will try and post weekly, so keep checking back!

No comments: