Sunday, July 6, 2008

Last days.

We have one more full day in Thailand. It is such an odd feeling. It doesn't seem like it's been six weeks already. I am very sad to go but excited to get to India and see all the kids again... it's been 2 years!!

We got to go to a party the US embassy threw to celebrate the 4th of July yesterday. It was like a carnival. There were booths set up everywhere with games and big floats that you could play on and all kinds of "american" food. The Soy Dogs (odd name for a band, I agree) played good ol' US rock and roll and we even got to see fireworks! It was a fun day. We got to spend it with our friends that we met the first week we were here. I'm really going to miss them! We've met so many people from so many different places while we've been here, it's really been neat.

Tomorrow is the last day to finish up any shopping and tie up all our loose ends and then Tuesday we all part ways. Kristina flies home to GA, Daniel goes to Japan, and I go to India.

This could be my last post while I'm overseas. I'm not sure what my internet situation will be in India. But I will definitely post when I get home and let you know how it went.

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement!!

1 comment:

mrs dawson said...

I bet there were lots of uniforms at the embassy!! I bet it was a great time. I can't wait to see you. And go to Charleston!! I am praying for your time in India--I love you mom